Holy shit-balls and calamity kittens…. I got.. An award??
Me? Thank you Aj! Hey, I ain’t Wiccan, or witch, but the fact I got nominated… I’m still tickled. Hell, you can give me a paper-award for a free burger at McD’s and I’ll giggle. But, I’m blushing. This is pretty DAMN cool if you ask me!
Yup, low maintenance. Little joys add up ya know?
Thus the purpose of this award is to bring positive recognition to those bloggers who share their experiences on the less-traveled path, whether in the form of a journal or by standing up for themselves and others.
- Post the award logo within your blog post
- Thank the blogger who passed the award to you
- Answer the seven questions below
- Nominate five Wiccan/Pagan bloggers (If you don’t know five other Wiccan bloggers, nominate as many as you can)
- Notify your nominees of their pending award
- Give a short description of the blog/blogger and why you nominated them
- Stop by Ayslyn’s Corner and Book of Shadows to add your name to the list of bloggers awarded
- You may customize the questions as long as they are still Wiccan- and Pagan-related
How did you ‘discover’ Wicca/witchcraft? (In my case, Paganism as a whole.)
From a book I read in elementary school I learned of Paganism, and some of the old Gods. That was my first encounter with anything Pagan. From there, it’s a long, long story into meeting Arta, and onto the years of youth and stupidity. Don’t deny it, we all did it.
Do you grow herbs?
Yuppers! And veggies, fruits, and I harvest plenty of so called ‘weeds,’ from the side of the highway.
Are you “in the broom closet?” If not, share your coming out experience.
Honestly, I just told my family. I hid it for years, because of their Christian Fundamentalism. I’ve never been a Christian, and never want to be. Try telling that to a Southern Baptist. At this point in my life, I have a firmly held ‘take it or leave it,’ policy.
What Tradition do you follow?
I suppose the closest I could get in words is ‘Folk Paganism.’ Otherwise, I simply call it ‘life.’
Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan, or Pagan (or maybe something else)?
A folk-based American Spirit worker. Really, I ain’t all that and a bag of Cheetos.
How much of witchcraft/Wicca are you able to incorporate into your everyday life?
Well, not a Wiccan or witch, but Pagan. I live it, breathe it, and walk it everyday. There is no dividing line between the two. My life is my ritual.
Do you have a familiar? If you do, tell us how you meet him/her and how s/he takes part in your practice (if at all)?
Nope, my two pooches just mind their own toys and well – just be dogs. If you’re referring to otherwise, I’m debating that issue, still 50/50 on how to ‘define‘ how I work with animal spirits. Working on that, I’ll get back to you.
Well, there are many I’d like to nominate, but they already have many nomination given to them… Please don’t be offended if you’re not here! It’s not intentional!
- Dimension Bomb – because I like the straight-forward and sincere writing style. I’m plainly spoken myself, and the poetry can get in the way of understanding if used too much.
- Mountain, Path, and Pool – because again, I love an honest blog. I love the thoughts and thought processes that go on there too.
- Pagan Bookworm – if it wasn’t for this blog I’d never know about some bad-ass books, documentaries, and then some!
- The Crossroads Companion – because the thoughts, ideas, photos and concepts keep my brain ticking. Thank you for that.
- Heathen Theory– because to simply sit down and think, then digest, the why’s, the who’s, the when’s, and the what’s takes a hell of a brain. Kudos to you!